- 150g mashed potato
- 100g sweetcorn (canned or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh or dried
- 1 x 120g can tuna or salmon in spring water, or salmon, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 35 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Mix all the ingredients except the egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape into cakes.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Dip the cakes in the egg and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray and cook under the grill until golden brown.
- Serve on two plates with a side salad or colourful vegetables.
Salsa goes well with these fishcakes. Finely chop fresh tomatoes, spring onions and coriander, and mix with freshly ground black pepper.