- 40g unsalted butter
- 200g ginger biscuits, finely crushed
- 250g low-fat Quark
- 250g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium egg whites
- 4 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- 400g fresh berries, to serve
- 40 mins + 4 hours chilling
- 5 A DAY:
- Less than 0.5
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC. Grease a 9-inch loose bottom round cake tin with a little of the butter and set aside.
- In a medium pan, melt the remaining butter and stir through the biscuits until coated. Pour the mixture into the bottom of the cake tin and press to form an even layer. Bake for 5–7 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile make the filling. In a large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, beat the Quark for about 2 minutes or until softened. Then mix in the Greek yoghurt and sugar.
- Add the eggs and egg whites and beat until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture and fold until just combined. Pour the filling over the base and smooth.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the mixture is just set. Cool completely before chilling for at least 3 hours.
- Serve with fresh berries.
Use orange or lime instead of lemon for a citrus twist