- 50g brown rice
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or green)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 75ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 70 minutes
- 217 Kcal
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Turn into a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and set them aside. Remove seeds and white pith.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, dill, parsley and cheese to the rice. Use a fork to mix together, taking care not to squash the rice or cheese. Add the lemon juice, and season with black pepper.
- Stuff the pepper shells loosely with the rice mixture and replace the tops. Arrange them in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Pour the stock into the baking dish. Cook for about 45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft but still hold their shape.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Top tip: feta is preserved in brine, so rinse well and soak in cold water for 10 minutes to reduce the salt content