- Reduced-fat spread, for greasing
- 220g frozen berries
- 2 medium eggs
- 60g plain flour, sifted
- 25g caster sugar
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 35 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C.
- Lightly grease a deep-sided 15cm square cake tin. Then place the berries in the dish.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and lightly beat. Then mix in the sifted flour and sugar. Gradually add the milk, beating continuously to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter over the berries and ensure the berries are evenly spread throughout. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Divide into four squares and serve hot or cold.
Instead of frozen berries, try using canned fruit (in fruit juice), such as peaches, pears or cherries