- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 160g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 75g feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Small handful fresh oregano
- 200g ready-cooked freekeh (such as Merchant Gourmet)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Add 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil to a frying pan, and set over a high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and fry for 6–7 minutes until they are dark and crispy. Remove a couple of the mushroom pieces from the pan and set aside for later. Squeeze over the lemon juice and add in the zest.
- Reduce to a medium heat and add in the feta with 2 tablespoons of water and stir for 3–4 minutes, until melted. Tumble in the oregano leaves.
- Add in the freekeh and heat through for 4–6 minutes. The sauce should be glossy and coat the individual freekeh, but if needed, add a few tablespoons of water to make the sauce silky.
- Season with black pepper, to taste, and serve in a bowl, sprinkling the reserved mushrooms and chopped mint on top.
To add even more flavour, scatter with chilli flakes and parsley before serving.