- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 500ml reduced-salt fish or vegetable stock
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 200g baby new potatoes, halved
- 100g skinless smoked haddock, diced
- 200g skinless white fish, eg. cod or pollack, diced
- 198g can salt-free sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Gently cook the onion and celery for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the stock, milk and potatoes, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until they’re cooked through.
- Stir in the fish, sweetcorn and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir through the creme fraiche and most of the chives. Season with black pepper.
- Divide between four bowls, garnish with remaining chives and serve.
If making ahead of time or freezing, leave out the creme fraiche and chives. When ready to serve, heat the soup fully before stirring through the creme fraiche and chives.