- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 400g lean beef, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g cauliflower florets, cut into pieces
- 200g sweetcorn, frozen or tinned
- 300g wholegrain rice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- 80 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan on a medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic and peppers to the pan and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and return the beef to the pan. Simmer with the lid on for 1 hour or until the beef is tender. Add more water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside until needed.
- Add the cauliflower to the beef. Cook for another 6 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Add the sweetcorn and cooked rice.
- Season to taste with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through. Stir in the coriander and serve.
This is a great way of using up any leftover vegetables. Simply chop them up and add to the pan.