Canned tuna is a store cupboard staple, and if you opt for versions in spring water, it's a great source of low-fat, low-salt protein. My recipe has the fresh flavours and satisfying crunch of salad veg, making it a great topping for a salad or jacket potato, or try stirring it through cooked and cooled wholemeal pasta for lunch.
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 x 160g can tuna (in spring water), drained
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 stick celery, trimmed and finely diced
- 10 minutes
- 0.6g salt
- 5 A DAY:
- Mix together the Greek yoghurt, lemon or lime juice and coriander.
- Break up the tuna before adding it to the yoghurt mixture. Stir to coat all the tuna.
- Add all the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or transfer into a sealed pot and store in the fridge until needed. Eat within 2 days.
Use up the yoghurt by spooning it over fruit for a healthy dessert