- 150g cottage cheese
- 3 medium eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 198g can reduced-salt sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 50g tomato salsa
- 200g green salad, to serve
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- In a food processor, blend the cottage cheese, eggs, flour, milk and lemon with freshly ground black pepper until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl and stir in the sweetcorn and chives.
- Wrap the grated courgette in a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess water before adding to the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add serving spoons of the batter to the pan – spacing them apart.
- Cook for 3–4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with salsa and salad.
Top tip: serve with a poached egg for a delicious weekend brunch