- 1 large courgette, cut into 1cm thick circles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 x 400g can plum tomatoes, drained (keep the juice) and quartered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful basil, roughly chopped
- 4 X 150g skinless white fish fillets
- 500g new potatoes
- 320g fine green beans, trimmed
- 50 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Place the courgette slices on a baking tray and cook under a medium grill for 6–8 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Remove from under the grill and put to one side until needed.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir for 2−3 minutes. Then add the pepper and oregano and stir for another 3 minutes, until the peppers start to soften.
- Add the courgette and tomatoes and season with black pepper. Mix thoroughly, adding 1–2 tablespoons of tomato juice. Cook for 4–5 minutes, until heated through and all the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Add the basil and stir through. Cover until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C. Wrap the fish in a loose foil parcel with a tablespoon of water. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 12–15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through (opaque).
- While the fish cooks, steam the potatoes over simmering water for about 7 minutes. Then add the green beans to the steamer and cook for a further 8–10 minutes.
- Reheat the ratatouille, if necessary, before serving.
Swap the white fish for 500g prawns, chicken or turkey. You can also swap potatoes for brown rice or pasta (240g dried).
While the vegetables are steaming, why not sign up to Give as you Live and raise vital funds to fight cancer?