- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 35g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 gelatine leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 20 minutes plus chilling
- 5 A DAY:
- Heat the coconut milk, skimmed milk, sugar and vanilla in a large pan over a low-medium heat. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the coconut mixture from the heat and stir in the gelatine until dissolved. Pour into six 200ml metal dariole moulds (or little coffee cups) and chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge until the panna cotta is firm with a slight wobble.
- While the panna cotta is setting, blend the mango in a food processor until pureed. Strain through a fine sieve and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, dip each dariole mould into boiling water for a couple of seconds to loosen the panna cotta, then invert them onto a serving plate and carefully remove the mould. Drizzle with the mango sauce to serve. If using coffee cups, simply serve as they are, topped with sauce.
Using ripe mangoes will give you a sweeter sauce, without the need for added sugar!