- 25g soft brown sugar
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 150g brown rice flour or wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium eggs
- 75g fat-free Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) chips
- 80 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Less than 1
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, two types of flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yoghurt, mashed bananas, oil and vanilla essence. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry before folding through the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
If it starts to go stale, simply pop it under the grill or in the toaster to freshen it up