- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½–1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g wholewheat spaghetti
- 350g cooked king prawns
- Large handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion and tomatoes together for 10 minutes, until softened and the tomatoes have broken down – you can mash them with the back of the spoon to help them along.
- Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Stir the prawns and most of the basil into the tomato sauce and season with black pepper.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce, adding a little of the pasta water if necessary. Serve garnished with fresh basil.
If you don’t have fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes would work just as well