- 450g yellow or butternut squash, peeled and sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 300ml reduced-salt vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 50ml half-fat soured cream
- 50g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- Freshly chopped chives, to serve
- 45 minutes (plus 2 hours chilling)
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Simmer the squash and spring onions in the stock until softened, then transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Allow the soup to cool, then whisk in the soured cream, yoghurt, lemon juice and dill. Chill thoroughly in the fridge.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chives and crusty wholemeal bread.
Other varieties of squash, or vegetables such as parsnips, can be used instead of butternut squash