- 500g new potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 x 400g can tomatoes
- 180g quinoa
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150g spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 80 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring it to the boil. Cook the potatoes for about 25 minutes, until you can easily slice a knife through them.
- Drain the potatoes and slice them in half.
- Place the potatoes, garlic, turmeric, coriander, chilli, ginger, coconut milk and tomatoes into a large pan. Allow the ingredients to start boiling, then add the quinoa.
- Reduce the pan to a simmer, place the lid on and allow everything to cook. Over the next 45 minutes, gradually add the mug of boiling water and stir every 15 minutes or so, to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Halfway through, add the chickpeas.
- Once the quinoa has cooked and is fluffy, not crunchy, it’s ready.
- Stir through most of the spinach.
- Season, then serve using a handful of spinach leaves to garnish.
Top tip – be careful with the turmeric, it stains everything!