- 160g new potatoes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into batons
- Half a 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Half a 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, measure out the olive oil and put on a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring, until transparent.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs and baby potatoes, stir and bring to simmering point. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, chickpeas, beans and some black pepper. Bring back to simmering point and simmer with the lid off for a further 8 minutes, until the carrots and potatoes are just tender and the sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the sauce and season with extra black pepper if necessary. Serve on warmed plates, ensuring the potatoes are evenly divided between each portion.
Change the type of bean depending on which varieties are available locally. Experiment and find your favourite!
While the casserole is simmering, why not sign up to Savoo and raise vital cash for us as you shop?