- 500g skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 peppers, 1 green and 1 red, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2cm root ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon each of garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin and paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150g fat-free Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 30 minutes (plus marinade)
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Put the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend to form a paste.
- Put the diced chicken and marinade into a dish and stir to coat evenly. For the best flavour, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, peppers, chilli and cardamom, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken, marinade and tomatoes, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Serve with brown basmati rice.
For extra veg, stir through two large handfuls of washed spinach before removing from the heat