- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g risotto rice
- 750ml reduced-salt chicken stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g cooked chicken, torn into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mixed herbs
- 20g parmesan, grated
- 30 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed pan, add the onion and cook on medium heat until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the rice, coating it with the oil.
- Add the stock a ladle at a time for approximately 20 minutes until the rice is almost cooked.
- Add the peas and cooked chicken, then heat for about 5 minutes until the risotto is piping hot throughout. The rice should be creamy, but firm to the bite.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mixed herbs, then divide between two plates or bowls.
- Add the grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Use leftover chicken in this quick and simple risotto.
Why not use Amazon Smile for your shopping and raise cash to help prevent cancer?