- 600ml reduced-salt chicken stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 1 nest (about 60g) dried wholewheat noodles
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons frozen sweetcorn
- 4 medium-sized mushrooms, wiped and thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 100g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the noodles, ginger, garlic, sweetcorn, mushrooms, half the spring onion and the soy sauce.
- Simmer for 3–4 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and heat through until piping hot.
- Ladle into two bowls, making sure the noodles are split evenly between the two servings.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander and remaining spring onion over the top and serve.
Fresh coriander has a citrusy taste. The stems can also be used for extra crunch and aroma.