- 600ml reduced-salt chicken stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 1 nest (about 60g) dried wholemeal noodles
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons frozen sweetcorn
- 4 medium-sized mushrooms, wiped and thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 100g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the noodles, ginger, garlic, sweetcorn, mushrooms, half the spring onion and the soy sauce. Simmer for 3–4 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Add the cooked chicken and heat through until piping hot.
- Ladle into two bowls, making sure the noodles are split evenly between the two servings. Sprinkle the chopped coriander and remaining spring onion over the top and serve.
Fresh coriander has a citrusy taste. The stems can also be used for extra crunch and aroma.