- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 150g frozen peas
- 250g pack wholegrain microwave rice
- 200g cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 x 198g can reduced-salt sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon light sweet chilli sauce
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat and scramble the eggs, stirring frequently until just cooked. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the oil, onion and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the peas, rice, chicken and a splash of water, and heat through.
- Stir through the sweetcorn, eggs, soy and sweet chilli sauce to combine, and serve immediately.
This is a great way of using up leftover meat and vegetables. It works brilliantly with prawns, cooked pork and beef too.