- 3 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- Small handful fresh coriander
- ½ tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 round wholemeal bread rolls
- 1 tomato, cut into four slices
- 200g lettuce, to serve
- 50g tzatziki, to serve, optional
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- In a food processor, pulse the chicken until minced before adding the chickpeas, coriander and harissa, and pulse until combined.
- Shape into four equal sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat and cook the burgers for 8 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice the bread rolls horizontally and toast.
- Top each bun with a chicken patty, a slice of tomato and some lettuce. Serve with tzatziki, if you like.
For a crunchy, gluten-free option, ditch the rolls and wrap the burgers in iceberg lettuce