- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 225g cooked, peeled chestnuts
- 1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- Sprig of parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato relish
- 70 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC. Line a 1lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Add the olive oil into a thick-based saucepan and cook the onion and garlic on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the onion has softened, add the chestnuts, chopped tomatoes, breadcrumbs, celery, mushrooms and sage.
- Stir well to partially break up the chestnuts, then spoon into the lined loaf tin, pressing the mixture down firmly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, until golden brown and firm.
- When cooked, loosen the edges of the loaf with a knife, then gently turn out onto a serving plate. Decorate with a sprig of parsley and serve in thick wedges with tomato relish.
This delicious recipe uses chestnuts, which are lower in fat than other nuts. Raring to try one of our recipes? We’d love to see a photo of what you cook, or get your feedback! Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why not use Amazon Smile for your shopping this Christmas, and raise cash to help prevent cancer?