- 130g uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 150ml boiling water
- 125g frozen peas
- 60g low-fat cream cheese with herbs
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 x 105g can skinless and boneless salmon, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet until slightly al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Gently cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice, water and peas. Stir and cook for 5–10 minutes until heated through. Add extra water if needed.
- Add the cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, and stir.
- Carefully fold in the salmon, season with pepper and serve with a green salad.
Other canned fish, such as tuna, work well in this recipe