- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 heaped teaspoons cornflour
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 90g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 40 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Put the cauliflower into boiling water in a saucepan. Bring the water back to the boil, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and place it in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the cornflour with a little of the milk to form a paste.
- Put the remaining milk into a saucepan and heat until boiling. Add the cornflour paste, stirring until the milk thickens into a sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in half the cheese and the mustard.
- Pour over the cauliflower and sprinkle over the rest of the cheese.
- Grill until golden and bubbling.
The cauliflower counts as two portions of your 5 A DAY, but consuming a variety of vegetables and fruit is important