This dish contrasts the natural sweetness of mango with the heat of chilli, all of which are balanced with the yoghurt to create a mouth-watering dish.
This is from Ryan Riley’s booklet of recipes to help people living with cancer enjoy food again. See all our recipes for people living with cancer.
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 15g light brown soft sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Handful fresh mint, finely sliced
- For the yoghurt:
- 200g fat-free Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat your grill to a high heat. Place the mango on a baking tray and sprinkle with the brown sugar, chilli and lime zest. Drizzle over the lime juice, mix everything together, then place under the grill until the mango begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the cinnamon.
- When the mango has caramelised, divide between two bowls and spoon over the yoghurt. Sprinkle over the sliced mint and serve.
Instead of mango, you could use pineapple or apple.