- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 300g butternut squash, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon medium curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 210g can chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 175ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 80g spinach leaves
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a non-stick saucepan. Add the onion, butternut squash and red pepper. Cook for 5–10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the vegetables soften.
- Add the curry powder, stir and cook for 1 minute. Then add the tomatoes, chickpeas, stock and black pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spinach, then cover and allow the heat of the pan to wilt the leaves.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with brown basmati rice.
Try sweet potatoes in place of butternut squash for an equally tasty dish