- 150g kale, stems removed, finely sliced
- 20g reduced-fat spread
- 1 large leek, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- 1 large sweet potato (approximately 225g), baked and the flesh scooped out
- 400g cooked root vegetables, mashed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spray oil
- 30 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Steam the kale for 5–10 minutes, until wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Melt the spread in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and cook for 5–6 minutes, until softened and starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the leek, drained kale and sweet potato to the mashed root vegetables, then season with black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Coat a large frying pan with spray oil and place over a medium heat. Divide the mixture into four and shape into patties. Place into the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Carrot, swede, butternut squash or parsnip all work well in this dish