- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 large head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 800ml boiling water
- 25g pack of fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pan and cook the onion, potato and celery for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, stock and boiling water. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the veg is cooked through.
- Stir through most of the basil (including stalks), saving a few leaves to garnish.
- Blend the soup in a blender (you may need to do this in batches). Season with black pepper.
- Return soup to the pan to reheat if necessary. Season with pepper to taste and garnish with the remaining basil before serving.
Serve with a toasted baguette rubbed with a garlic clove for a healthy spin on garlic bread