- 80g dried quinoa
- 160g broad beans, fresh (podded) or frozen
- 4 large mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g rocket
- 100g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 30g feta cheese, cubed
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water, then add to a saucepan with 400ml of water. Bring the water to the boil, reduce to a low heat and cover, leaving to simmer for 10–15 minutes, until the grains are tender and start to unwrap.
- While the quinoa simmers, add the broad beans to a saucepan of boiling water, and cook for 2 minutes (4 minutes for frozen broad beans). Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again then pop the beans out of their thick, pale skins (optional).
- Add the mint, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and black pepper to an empty jam jar or tight-sealing pot. Put the lid on and shake vigorously to make the salad dressing.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drain off any remaining water, and split between two plates. Add half the rocket, spinach and broad beans to each plate, and drizzle over the dressing.
- Top with the feta cheese, and serve.
Instead of quinoa, try serving with wholegrain cous cous, bulgur wheat or pearl barley