- 500ml skimmed milk
- Bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 150g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon low-fat creme fraiche
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the milk in a medium-sized pan with the bay leaf and peppercorns, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the peppercorns and bay leaf, and stir in the breadcrumbs. Simmer for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and season with freshly ground nutmeg. Serve immediately.
If you’re making this in advance, follow the recipe to the end of step 2 and cover the sauce with greaseproof paper to avoid a skin forming. When ready to serve, reheat and proceed from step 3. We’d love to see a photo of what you cook, or get your feedback! Email us on email@example.com.
Why not use Amazon Smile for your shopping this Christmas and raise cash to help prevent cancer?