- 1 large, ripe banana, peeled and chopped up
- 2 medium eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Spray oil
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Place the banana in a mixing bowl and mash up to form a smooth paste, using a fork or potato masher.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl with the banana and whisk with a fork to form a batter.
- Add the baking powder and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- Coat a large, non stick frying pan with spray oil, and heat over a medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of the batter per pancake to the pan, keeping them well spaced – you may only be able to cook 3–4 pancakes at a time. Cook for 2–3 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom, then flip over with a spatula and cook for a further 2–3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter – you should have enough to make 10 pancakes.
- Divide the pancakes between 2 plates and serve on their own or with a spoonful of fat-free Greek yoghurt and berries.
You could add orange zest to the batter and use roast almond flakes instead of berries