- 3 large leeks, trimmed, and cut in half, width ways and lengthways
- 300g passata
- 40g low-fat cream cheese (plain or garlic and herb-flavoured)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 40g wholemeal flour
- 20g reduced-fat spread
- 25g porridge oats
- 20g reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese (or similar), finely grated
- 35 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Place the leeks in a large, ovenproof dish.
- Mix the passata, cream cheese and black pepper together in a bowl; and spoon over the leeks, spreading evenly.
- In a bowl, rub the spread into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Then mix in the oats and pour evenly over the leeks and passata. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and place in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes, or until the leeks are tender and the crumble is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Serve this as a side dish to accompany baked white fish or grilled skinless chicken breast