- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium eggs
- Small handful chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices brown bread, toasted
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC / Fan 200ºC.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone (leave skin on). Scoop out a little of the flesh to create a larger hole.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half, top with a few chives and season with pepper.
- Put the avocado halves into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- Once the eggs are cooked, serve each avocado half with a slice of toast.
Top tip: pour each egg into a ramekin, spoon the yolk into the avocado and add the white gradually to stop them overflowing