- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350g raw king prawns
- 300g bean sprouts
- 300g ready-cooked rice noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 200g sugar snap peas, sliced
- Large handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½–1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 25g unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the garlic for 1 minute. Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Add the bean sprouts and cook for a further 1 minute then remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice noodles according to packet instructions, drain and leave to cool.
- Add the carrots, pepper, sugar snap peas and mint to the noodles along with the prawn mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice and zest, soy sauce, fish sauce, chilli and ginger. Toss through the salad and garnish with peanuts. Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat.
Be careful if you let this dish marinate – the chilli will become spicier over time!