- 3 medium eating apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 2 level tablespoons oats
- 15 mins prep, one day lead time
- 5 A DAY:
- Layer the slices of apple in a microwavable dish, sprinkle with the cinnamon, cover and cook in the microwave on high for 2–3 minutes, until soft enough to mash into a smooth apple sauce.
- Allow the apple sauce to cool, then add the maple syrup and oil; and mix very thoroughly.
- Transfer to a Tupperware pot; and freeze for at least 24 hours, or until solid.
- Take the granita out of the freezer 10 minutes before needed. While the granita softens, sprinkle the oats on a baking tray and place under a medium grill for 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using a fork, scrape the surface of the softened granita – it will easily take on a snow-like consistency. Transfer into four serving dishes and sprinkle with the toasted oats before serving.
If you take a look at my other dessert recipes, my love of apple and cinnamon is very clear!