- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread, melted
- 80g sultanas
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 sheets fresh or frozen filo pastry
- Sprinkle of icing sugar
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC/Fan 140ºC. Lightly grease a muffin tin with a small amount of reduced-fat spread.
- Mix the sultanas and apple together in a bowl with the cinnamon, golden syrup and hot water. Leave to one side.
- Dab some reduced-fat spread over a sheet of filo pastry. Fold the short ends into the middle so that they are overlapping to form a rectangular shape three pastry layers thick. Cut into two roughly equal 10cm squares.
- Place each square into a well of the tin. Repeat with the remaining sheets, giving you eight pastry shells.
- Divide the fruit mixture evenly between the pastry shells. Crinkle the edges of the pastry up a little to hold the mixture in place.
- Bake in the oven for 7–8 minutes until the pastry has crisped.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm or cold as preferred.
Why not use Amazon Smile for your shopping this Christmas and raise cash to help prevent cancer?