Turkey stir-fry with broccoli and pak choi
Quick and easy and packed with crunchy greens – your go-to recipe for busy evenings.
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 160g diced turkey breast
- 160g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 120g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g pak choi, leaves separated and cut into quarters, lengthways
- 300g packet fresh or quick-cook wheat noodles
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced (to garnish, optional)
- To make the sauce, combine the hoisin sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a small bowl. Set aside for later use.
- Warm the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the turkey and stir until browned on all sides. Then add the broccoli and mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes. Add the pak choi and noodles, and stir for a further 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and mix thoroughly, coating all the ingredients. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 3–4 minutes until piping hot and the turkey is cooked through.
- Scatter the spring onions on top (optional) and serve.
Best served immediately.
Instead of turkey, try chicken, prawns or tofu in this recipe. For extra spice, add a pinch of chilli flakes to the sauce.