10 ways to protect yourself against cancer
A comprehensive guide to our Cancer Prevention Recommendations, packed with tips on simple changes you can make to your diet and lifestyle that will help reduce your risk of cancer
The Cancer Prevention Recommendations in this booklet are based on the latest comprehensive review of research on cancer prevention and survival, related to diet, weight and physical activity, to ensure we provide the most reliable and up-to-date guidance on reducing your cancer risk.
As well as a comprehensive guide to all our Recommendations, this booklet contains practical advice to help you make healthy lifestyle choices to protect yourself against cancer.
Did you know that the term cancer describes over 100 different diseases? This booklet also includes a section on Cancer explained, helping you make sense of the information.
Also available as a poster
More information for you
- A complete guide to our ten Cancer Prevention Recommendations
- How do we know that our Recommendations work?
- Handy tools let you know where you're at with your health: check your BMI, cancer health and alcohol calorie intake online now
Choose another resource
- Living an active life
- Weight matters: keeping healthy in an unhealthy world
- 5 simple steps to a healthier you
- 10 ways to protect yourself against cancer
- Men's health guide
- Women's health guide
- Protect yourself against bowel cancer
- Eat well during cancer
- Making sense of food and drink labelling
- What is a 5 A DAY portion?