Living with cancer during coronavirus
Helping people undergoing cancer treatment to eat well during the pandemic
At World Cancer Research Fund, we work with oncology specialists to provide support sessions for people living with and beyond cancer.
Next support group
Sign up to our e-newsletter to be first to here about forthcoming support groups.
Online cookery classes with World Cancer Research Fund and Life Kitchen
We’ve partnered with Life Kitchen to provide free, online cookery classes for people who have been affected by cancer. During the class, chef Ryan Riley and Life Kitchen staff will show you how to cook healthy recipes from our Ryan Riley recipe booklet, as well as practical, flavour-enhancing cooking techniques that can help with taste changes often associated with cancer.
You will also have access to a free, private, online group session with our registered oncology dietitian, Adele Hug. This is an opportunity to receive specialist dietary advice and specific ways to tailor the recipes to suit your individual needs.
Each attendee will receive a free cookery class pack which will be both emailed to you and sent via post. The pack contains everything needed to prepare for the online cooking class and further support for anyone living with and beyond cancer.
Each pack contains:
- A £15 food shopping e-voucher to cover the cost of ingredients, sent via email.
- A Ryan Riley recipe booklet – the recipes for your cookery class will be in this.
- A sensory item – we are using nose plugs and there will be a demonstration on this during the class.
- An Eat well during cancer booklet – this booklet is to help with the management of many side-effects associated with cancer and cancer treatment.
- Other WCRF and Life Kitchen resources.
Classes last for 90 minutes and will cover three dishes. Currently on the menu are:
If this is something you’d like to get involved in, get booking and start cooking! Choose your class:
- Anyone living with cancer (any location)
- People with breast cancer
- People living with cancer in Norfolk, Suffolk or Cambridge
Enjoy your class!
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
About Life Kitchen
Life Kitchen was set up as a free, UK-wide cooking school to help people living with cancer by teaching cooking skills and providing recipes that help to restore the pleasure they get from food by focusing on taste.
This is an important issue as cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, radiotherapy and certain medications can affect the way foods and drinks taste, as can cancer itself.
Recipes by Life Kitchen help to tackle the loss of taste and enjoyment from food in those living with cancer by using ingredients that enhance the flavour of each dish.
> Sign up to our living with cancer newsletter