Write your will for free
We’ve partnered with some great will providers to help our supporters write or update their wills for free
You don’t have to include a gift to World Cancer Research Fund in the will you write, but we do hope you’ll consider it, after providing for those you love. So that you can help give future generations the power to prevent cancer.
You can choose one of the options below:
- start your will online straight away, with legal advice available if you need it
- write your will using a solicitor local to you
- write your will in your home
Make your will online for free
We have partnered with Bequeathed so that you can start your online will immediately, from the comfort of your own home. You’ll receive all the support and guidance you need to complete your free online will and if you need legal advice at any time, Bequeathed will refer you to a local partner solicitor.
To use this service:
- visit Bequeathed and follow the step-by-step instructions to complete your will
- expert support and guidance is available throughout the process, and Bequeathed will help you to think through everything you need to consider
- if you need legal advice just ask – they’ll transfer you to a local solicitor to agree a price to complete the will you’ve started
- once you’ve finished, you simply download your will and follow the instructions to have it signed and witnessed
- we pay Bequeathed a fixed annual fee to offer this service to our supporters
- anyone over 18 can use this straightforward and convenient service
(If you are based in Northern Ireland or Scotland, we will refer you to the National Free Wills Network to write your will.)
Visit Bequeathed now to start your will.
Write your will using a local solicitor
If you want to visit a solicitor local to you to write your will, please contact our will writing services team so that we can refer you securely to our partner the National Free Wills Network.
- They will send you names and addresses of at least two solicitors, local to you and you choose which you’d like to visit
- We pay the National Free Wills Network a special rate for the solicitor you choose from these to write a simple will, so that there is no cost to you
- However if your will is complicated you may need to pay an additional cost
- You or your partner must be 55 or over to use this service
Write your will at home
If you’d prefer a home visit to write your will, our partner The Goodwill Partnership can help.
- You will be visited by a trained will counselor who takes notes and passes them on to a group of solicitors, all of whom specialise in estate and probate law
- We pay The Goodwill Partnership a special rate for the solicitor to write a simple will, so that if you or your partner are aged over 55 there will be no cost to you
- If there is any uncertainty, the solicitor will call you directly
- Home appointments can be provided in all areas of England and Wales
- To access this service contact our will writing services team so that we can refer you or call us on 020 7343 4200
If you need extra help with writing your will
Our free will writing pack is designed to help you with making or updating your will. It provides a step by step guide as well as a *will writing planner, to help you save time and money when you visit your solicitor.
I'm Sarah, Head of Legacy Development, and if you'd like to talk to me about leaving a gift in your will, please get in touch. I'm happy to answer any questions, in strictest confidence.
t: 020 7343 4200
*Note that our printed pack includes an extra fold-out will planner, which is a simple checklist of everything you need to remember to include in your will.