Fundraise with your celebration
Make your birthday, anniversary or wedding even more special
Giving in celebration is an inspiring and heartwarming way for friends and family to mark your special occasion while fundraising for a cause close to your heart.
From weddings and anniversaries to retirements, your special day can help us fund research into how we can prevent cancer and help keep loved ones together.
Pledge your birthday
Do something incredible this year and pledge your birthday to a future free from preventable cancer. It’s so simple to get started:
- Set up your own fundraising page on Facebook or another platform such as JustGiving
- Send your page to friends and family asking for donations instead of gifts
All the money you raise will have a huge impact on our cancer prevention work, so don’t forget to thank everyone once you’ve hit your target!
Request a fundraising pack for more inspiration – contact the Fundraising Team on 020 7343 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re planning a get-together we can send you balloons and collection tins. Email us and we’ll be in touch to help you plan your event.
Using your wedding favours to support our charity is a lovely way to make a real difference. You can thank your wedding guests in a unique and special way by ordering our colourful pin badges. Each badge comes with a personalised table card for each guest (15cm x 10.5cm) so you can let your loved ones know about your incredible contribution to our vital cancer prevention work. Email email@example.com to request your FREE sample!
Whatever the celebration, you can be as adventurous or as traditional as you wish. Here are our top tips for raising money on your special day:
- personalise your fundraising page and invitations with pictures and stories about why you’ve chosen to fundraise for us
- set a target and ask your most generous friends to donate first
- include a link to your fundraising page on emails and invitations to let family and friends know you’d like them to donate
- use social media to get the message out. If you tag @WCRFUK, we'll do as much liking and retweeting as we can!