We work with a variety of organisations to deliver help and advice on cancer prevention. Together, we can help to reduce the number of people affected by cancer and keep loved ones together for longer.
Here are some of the ways we achieve this:
- We work with the food and farming charity, Sustain, and support their Children’s Future Fund, which aims to improve young people’s health and well-being.
- Our corporate partner, Informa, has been supporting us for nine years by Going Bananas! Every year their employees raise money for us by chasing a runner dressed as a giant banana. Through their dedication, they have raised over £650,000 towards vital cancer prevention work.
- We support the NHS’s Change For Life campaign, which aims to get families to lead healthy lifestyles. WCRF UK promotes the campaign to parents and health professionals through education programmes and our Great Grub Club.
- We are members of the Union for International Cancer Control, attending its World Cancer Congress to share the latest on our research and policy activities.
- We have been awarded the Department of Health’s Information Standard for our trustworthy health information. This award helps the public identify reliable organisations that can provide accurate and balanced health advice.
It is thanks to partnerships like these that we can deliver the best possible cancer prevention advice.
As a charity we are dependent on external sources to fund our research and activities from a wide range of organisations and individuals who have an interest in oncology and cancer prevention.
Pharmaceutical companies such as drug manufacturers and those involved in the development of screening and diagnostic technologies provide important financial and non-financial support for World Cancer Research Fund. We recognise that all our partnerships need to be fully transparent and as a charity, accepting funding from any pharmaceutical company must be in the best interest and benefit of the general public and help us raise awareness of the ways people can reduce their risk of developing cancer.
We remain entirely independent as a charity and no attempt is made on the part of any partner to influence our policy and direction of work.
World Cancer Research Fund UK is registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (Registered Charity No. 1000739). The Charity Commission holds comprehensive details about every registered charity, including Annual Returns, frameworks and trustee details.
We believe high standards of fundraising are essential for charities and donors. We are proud to be members of the Fundraising Regulator and Direct Marketing Association. We want our donors to be able to give with confidence.