Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
WCRF is committed to embedding equality and inclusion in all of its practices and aims to establish an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, is free from discrimination, and is based on the values of dignity and respect. It is important to WCRF that we strive that all aspects of our work, our office environment, our professional relationships, and in our suppliers reflect these values.
WCRF have a comprehensive set of policies that contain statements of commitment to equality of opportunity and to ensuring all employees are free from unfair treatment and discrimination, including:
Equal opportunities statement
WCRF is committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation.
WCRF will not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, caring responsibilities, economic status or political affiliation. Neither will WCRF discriminate on the grounds of any other factors and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
Dignity at work
WCRF is committed to promoting diversity and providing equality of opportunities for all staff as well as promoting a harmonious working environment where every employee is treated with respect and dignity and in which no employee feels threatened for any reason.
- WCRF is committed to implementing policies designed to promote equality of opportunity in our employment practice and to rejecting unlawful and unfair discrimination of any kind
- WCRF will work to ensure fairness and consistency in the treatment of job applicants and employees
- WCRF is committed to striving towards a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities within which it works
- WCRF will ensure that the special needs of job applicants and employees are considered constructively, creatively, and in line with the spirit of disability legislation
- WCRF will ensure that individual employees do not receive less favourable treatment on the basis of the hours they work nor the location in which they work
- WCRF seeks to build capability across the organisation in the development of an inclusive culture and resolution of obstacles to equality
- WCRF adopts flexible approaches to engagement and strives to ensure that the voices of all ranges of supporters and stakeholders are considered as appropriate