- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into thin ribbons, lengthways – you will need about 160g-worth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crème fraîche and soft cheese. Then add the flaked salmon, lemon juice and zest, and dill. Mix thoroughly and season with black pepper, to taste.
- Line 4 small ramekins with cling film leaving an overhang on all sides and line with the cucumber slices, with their ends overhanging.
- Fill about 3/4 of each ramekin with the salmon mixture and smooth the top. Fold the overhanging cucumber ribbons over, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Open the plastic wrap and invert on to a serving dish.
- Carefully remove the plastic wrap and serve with a side of pea shoots, or watercress for a more peppery taste.
For a more filling meal, serve with wholegrain crisp bread or a slice of lightly toasted sourdough bread.