- Heat the oil in a thick-bottomed pan, add the onion and cook on medium heat until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the rice, coating it with the oil.
- Add the stock a ladle at a time for approximately 20 minutes until the rice is almost cooked.
- Add the peas and cooked chicken, then heat for about 5 minutes until the risotto is piping hot throughout. The rice should be creamy, but firm to the bite.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mixed herbs, then divide between two plates or bowls.
- Add the grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Top tip: you can use leftover chicken in this quick and simple risotto.