Our values and core beliefs
In a world dominated by funding for cancer treatments and cures, since 1982 we’ve relentlessly promoted the importance of prevention and cancer survival.
To continue that work, we’ve developed a set of values and core beliefs that drive everything we do.
On this page
> Our values
> Our core beliefs
We are a global authority on preventing cancer. We’re continuously learning and evaluating, so that we can deliver excellent outcomes.
Everyone counts – we value, respect and trust each other.
We are collaborative, engaged and focused on maximising impact in all that we do.
We are curious and creative; evolving and exploring so we can deliver solutions that make a real difference.
We make every day meaningful, building and sharing our knowledge and allowing our passion to shine through.
Our core beliefs
- We believe that too many people are dying every year from preventable cancers. And the problem’s only getting worse.
- We believe that everyone can take steps to reduce their risk of developing cancer – or to increase their chances of surviving – by improving their diet and exercising.
- We believe that funding research and influencing international policy are crucial to keeping people healthy and helping them to prevent and survive disease.
- We believe in educating the public about their cancer risk, so they can be empowered to make evidence-informed decisions about their health.
- We believe that cancer prevention is underfunded. To move forward, we must help society to recognise that prevention is better than cure.
> Find out more about World Cancer Research Fund
> Donate and help us to continue our work