Spicy roasted aubergine sandwich spread
This wonderful light alternative to mayonnaise is full of flavour, not calories.
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place the aubergine in a baking dish and bake at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6 for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool, then cut the aubergine in half and scrape the insides and process in a blender, leaving slightly chunky.
- Add the coriander, cumin, aniseed and garlic and blend.
Serve on wholegrain bread, crackers or crisp rolls as a tasty treat.