Spiced apple warmer
Toast to good health with this festive mocktail.
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1.5 litres cloudy apple juice
- Zest 1 orange
- 3–4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pour the apple juice into a pan and warm over a low heat.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon sticks, cloves and nutmeg.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a metal sieve to remove the whole spices.
- Serve in mugs for a winter warmer!