Fragrant party nuts
Crunchy nuts dressed up with a sprinkling of spices. No salt required!
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 75g/3oz almonds, whole
- 85g/4oz walnuts, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF/Gas Mark 2.
- Place the nuts in a small bowl and add the oil.
- Add the spices and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the nuts on a baking tray and roast until fragrant, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These make a healthier alternative to some party snacks that are high in saturated fat. Nuts are naturally rich in unsaturated fats, which are better for our health. However, nuts are also high in calories, so it’s important to enjoy them in moderation. The salt content in this recipe is much lower than in shop-bought packs of salted or dry roasted nuts.