Festive chocolate and orange trifle
Keep the festive tradition alive with this layered fruity trifle. It's a crowd-pleaser!
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 298g can mandarin segments in fruit juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yoghurt (see top tip)
- ½ tablespoon half-fat crème fraiche
- 2–3 drops almond essence
- Zest ½ orange
- 1 tablespoon mandarin juice (from can)
- 10g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), grated
- 2 amarretti biscuits, crushed
- Drain the juice from the mandarins into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the vanilla yoghurt, crème fraiche, almond essence, orange zest, one tablespoon of mandarin juice and most of the grated chocolate into a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Set four mandarin segments aside for decoration. Into two individual serving glasses, layer the mandarin segments, crushed amarretti biscuit and the yoghurt mix.
- Decorate with the remaining mandarin segments and chocolate and chill until ready to serve.
Try to pick a variety of fat-free vanilla yoghurt that contains less than 8g sugar per 100g. Alternatively, swap it for low fat natural yoghurt with 3 drops of vanilla extract.